The Broadsword and the Beast is the 14th studio album by rock band Jethro Tull, released in April 1982 by Chrysalis Records. The album's musical style features a cross between the dominant synthesizer sound of the 1980s and the folk-influenced style that Jethro Tull used in the previous decade. As such, the band's characteristic acoustic instrumentation is augmented by electronic soundscapes.
This special reissue features new stereo and surround remixes by Steven Wilson of the original classic plus stereo remixes of 1981 sessions and acoustic tracks!
The Broadsword And The Beast (A Steven Wilson Stereo Remix)
3. Fallen On Hard Times
4. Flying Colours
5. Slow Marching Band
7. Pussy Willow
8. Watching Me, Watching You
9. Seal Driver
11. Fallen On Hard Times (1st Master, Dec 1981 Sessions)
12. Beastie (2nd Master, Dec 1981 Sessions)
13. Fallen On Hard Times (2nd Master, Dec 1981 Sessions)
14. Seal Driver (1st Master, Dec 1981 Sessions)
15. Cheerio (Ensemble Vocal Version)
16. Jack-A-Lynn (Acoustic Version)
17. Beastie Band Shouts!