Grammy-nominated heavy rock band Baroness are back with their new album 'STONE'. The Philly-based quartet of John Baizley (guitar/vocals/illustration), Gina Gleason (guitar), Nick Jost (bass) and Sebastian Thomson (drums) embrace a vast multi-genre vocabulary on their sixth album, 'STONE' the follow up to the critically acclaimed predecessor 'Gold & Gra'y (2019).
This is still very much Baroness - just refocused to be more efficient and rethought for stability. 'STONE''s standout tracks, "Last Word," "Beneath the Rose," "Shine," and "Anodyne," reflect thoughtfully, groovy, and effortlessly break up the tumult.
Baizley recorded and premixed the album. After the group finished recording the drums, guitars and bass, they took everything back to Baizley's basement - which is also where parts of 'Gold & Gray' were recorded - to record the vocals and add other details. 'STONE' was then turned over to Grammy-nominated mixmaster Joe Barresi (Kyuss, Alice In Chains) and Grammy-winning mastering guru Bob Ludwig (Led Zeppelin, Nirvana) at Gateway Mastering Studios for final mixing and polishing.
Limited 2CD deluxe version. Two screenprinted discs with 'STONE' CD and an additional CD with live selections from the 'By Request' tour. These discs will be housed in a six-panel wallet with a lyric booklet.
2. Last Word
3. Beneath the Rose
5. The Dirge
9. Under the Wheel
1. The Birthing (Live at Mohawk, Austin, TX – April 20, 2022)
2. A Horse Called Golgotha (Live at Cobra Lounge, Chicago, IL – April 10, 2022)
3. Eula (Live at Cobra Lounge, Chicago, IL – April 10, 2022)
4. Green Theme (Live at State Room, Salt Lake City, UT – March 31, 2022)
5. Desperation Burns (Live at Mohawk, Austin, TX – April 20, 2022)
6. I’d Do Anything (Live at State Room, Salt Lake City, UT – March 31, 2022)